[oletrucks] Gentlemen, to the fabric stores! Old Chevy / truck cloth ava

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gentlemen, to the fabric stores! Old Chevy / truck cloth available...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:12:25 EDT
    My girlfriend has been making curtains for our new house, and I've had
the privilege of pounding pavement with her to look at suitable reams of
material to her liking ( Nyuk! Nyuk! ). So, visiting a semi-local store
yesterday with her to acquire more material, I hit the Big Lots store, and
found several 1/24th '55 Chevy modified convertible cars ( collectors
edition, only 2,499 made). Then I wandered back over to the fabric store,
Hancock Fabrics, and while she was still shopping, I wandered to the
"eclectic" section of unusual fabrics. I found some neat Chevy material, on
sale. They have : Corvette cars cloth, many different year cars on it,
Corvette emblems cloth , Winston Cup cloth, Jeff Gordon and Terry Labonte
cloth, and finally ( pause for breath ) the Chevy / truck cloth. They have
two truck cloths, one style with 4 trucks and cars : a '57 green Cameo/early
'50's woodie wagon/suburban?/'40's convertible/56 chevy hardtop, and one with
3 different new Chevy trucks ( ie, "modern") . I bought four yards of the
Cameo cloth, figured I'd get my lady to make some small curtains for my
Palace ( ie, Garage ), which has two little windows in it.  :)  Another
fabric store, Joann's, had a Chevy car print with many, many old chevy cars
on it, including a '56 chevy hardtop and convertible, many different years,
cars about an inch long or less. I might have to buy some of this too, don't
know how long they'll print them. The lady at the store said it depends on
how much is sold, and if the cloth manufacturer gets a commitment for 10,000
yards or more. So, if you want any of this stuff, you better get it now,
before it is history. The Cameo (and other car clothes) are 100% cotton
fabric, made by Concord Fabrics, Inc. , with blue sky background with puffy
white clouds. The Cameo is in front of a red barn, the '56 Hardtop in front
of a drive-in restaurant, the 40's convertible  in front of a Western Mesa
desert mountaintop, and the Sub/woodie/wagon in front of evergreen mountains.
It sells normally for 4.69/yd, it was 20% off at 3.75/yd.
   Well, that's my Ole Truck / Old Chevy contribution for the day, hope you
guys storm the fabric stores to pick up some of this interesting material
before its all gone.  :)  Good luck!

Jerry Casper
get some now, before it's "curtains" for sure...LOL