Re: [oletrucks] dead 49

To: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] dead 49
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:05:36 -0600
actually what is happening is not a "short", but an "open". As the old wires
heat and cool so many times, the wire become fatigued and the resistance goes
way up and essentially reduces the current available to to fire a plug and it
is basically like cutting a wire. When a coil gets hot, it is either hooked to
the wrong voltage or polarity is backwards or as in most cases the resistance
is so high, it begins to heat up. As it cools, the resistance drops down to
near normal and the engine can be started again. I have an HEI distributor in
my truck and its great.