[oletrucks] Local parts store

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@egroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Local parts store
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:43:52 EDT
For those of you who are needing and wanting parts for your AD or TF trucks,
don't fall into the habit of ordering from vendors without checking locally
first.  Many times, the local parts store (especially one that has been in
business for a long time) will have what you want on the shelf at a price
equal or better than the vendor.  Case in point:  I needed Huck brake shoes
and grease seals for the front of my '48.  Cheapest in catalogs for shoes -
$29, seals - $7ea, plus shipping.  My local parts store had both parts on the
shelf, shoes - $11, Seals - $8ea, no shipping required.  My point is, check
out you local sources first (forget the chain stores like Auto Zone) before
using the catalogs.  Some of these old guys behind the counter are a wealth
of information too.  NAPA is another good bet for our old iron.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX