[oletrucks] Start saving $'s, SSR Chevy truck ( 53 chevy, 2003 body ) co

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Start saving $'s, SSR Chevy truck ( 53 chevy, 2003 body ) coming!
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 23:19:03 EDT
  I was reading a Hot Rod mag on the newsstand tonite, and they showed a
picture of what is called the SSR pickup hardtop convertible truck that GM
has given the go-ahead on for the year 2003. Look out Dodge and Ford! That
was one awesome looking truck! It is based, so the little blurb stated, on
the 1953 Chevy truck, and it looks like it, from the front grille. The bed is
updated, as is the cab, but it's definitely a status-rocker! Much as I hate
buying new vehicles....I might have to reconsider. Was thinking PT Cruiser,
but heck, this is a Chevy! I can live with this! I'm glad they're deciding to
pursue this, as Ford and Chrysler have made a huge impressioin with their
futuristic "cars from the past" look of late. Hey, GM,can we have an updated
'57 chevy car as well?!

Jerry
just dreaming of the day when I can own one....