[oletrucks] Old Chevy radio for sale

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Old Chevy radio for sale
From: Vince Strazzabosco <vstrazzabosco@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:31:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there,

I just found an old pushbutton Chevrolet radio at a
local flea market, and bought it hoping to sell it to
someone who can put it to good use in an old Chevy.

The radio is big, with a 6x9 speaker mounted inside
the metal housing that the radio is in.  The housing
is about 8" high, 8" tall, and about 6" deep, painted
a metalllic brown with minimal surface rust.  The
speaker is mounted above the radio, with the face of
the speaker facing in the same dircetion as the front
of the radio.  There is a thich piece of rubber
stapled to the front of the speaker area to insulate
it from the dash, and the rubber is still there, in
pretty good shape.

The radio itself has five pushbuttons, a chrome bar
above the pushbuttons with a horizontal dial inset,
and the clear section with red numerals on the top row
and the Chevrolet lettering on the bottom row.  There
is a dial on each end, but one of the knobs is
missing.  The other knob is there and so are the fader
and other plastic piece, all of which are in great
shape.  Yes, the pointer still moves when you turn the
knob.  The gray pushbuttons still work fine, too.

On the bottom, there is a metal plate with C-47 on it
and the serial number (656443) stamped into it.
Inside the rear cover there is a paper tag that reads
Chevrolet Model 985793 with a diagram of where the
transformer, vibrator and tubes? are, with a bunch of
patent numbers underneath.

It still has the old cloth covered wires attached to
it, and it seems to be in working order, but I'm
reluctant to test it on 12v if it's 6 v.  There are a
couple of screws missing, and while I've cleaned it up
a bit, it looks to be in really goood shape.  I don't
have a Chevy truck, having bought a Dodge WC that was
too good to pass up when I was looking.  I have no
need for this radio, and hope someone else out there
might need it or know more about what it was used in.
It would also make a cool shop radio for a total Chevy
freak.......

Is $25 plus shipping too much to ask?  Let me know if
you're interested,

Thanks

vince
Pacicifa, CA (near SF)