[oletrucks] Brake pull (head scratcher of the week)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake pull (head scratcher of the week)
From: Bob Day <sub53@nantucket.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:57:08 -0400
Truckers,

My '53 GMC is pulling to the left, most of the time. I have taken apart both
wheels and cleaned, lubed,

and adjusted them. I blead the system. I even adjusted the wheels so the right
one grabs a little earlier than the left one.

This truck sat for 10 years,should I just order new shoes? Could I have a bad
rubber line? (how do you test?)

The backing plates are tight.

The wheel cylinders are not frozen.

The alignment is fine.

Springs and hardware appear ok

Suggestions?

Thanks!

PS Just had my vacuum wiper motor rebuilt by a guy in NY state. Great job for
$58. (and I always fix EVERYTHING myself, but he has the parts) Very good job.
I will forward the info if interested.(No connection with me, just a satisfied
customer)

Bob Day
sub53@Nantucket.net
Picking with "Eelgrass"