[oletrucks] TF seats

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF seats
From: "Karl Lutes" <lutes@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:03:27 -0400
Hey folks;

Part of my intermediate fix-up-- improving my truck's appearance and
driveability while keeping it on the road.

I spent most of last saturday pulling out the seat and carpet and cleaning
up the cab, laying down some sound and heat barrier, as well as some new
carpet leftover from my son's bedroom. I put the seat from my "58 FS PIL
(project in limbo) since the upholstery was so much nicer, a nice blue and
white two tone. Getting the bolts to drop in was way harder than I thought
it would be, but after a few hours of cussing and sweat and old fashioned
rasslin' got most of them down.

After all that, the "new" seat sits way differently than the old one. Feels
like somebody didn't put enough padding underneath that nice new vinyl. I
sit down too low and generally feel inferior, sort of like the "where's the
beef" ladies.

I was sure the seat from the 58 and 59s would be exactly the same as the
earlier TFs. Was (am) I right?  Is the prettier seat simply a victim of a
very poorly done restoration like the rest of that 58 turned out to be?

BTW I swapped a new 18' flex fax in to replace the 16" s-blade electric fan
against the advice of the guy at the hot rod shop, but the 454 was still
hot. I'm pricing a variety of heavy-duty radiators. I thinking of going for
some overkill since I'll be adding AC soon anyway, and I sure don't want to
spend my time looking at the temp gauge and praying. The paint will have to
wait.

keep on oletruckin...

Karl Lutes
Union, KY