Re: [oletrucks] Rusty Trucks

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rusty Trucks
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:27:26 -0400
I'd have to agree with Smokey, especially in my case as I used thicker steel in
places like the
floor, as well as additional bracing that was not used in the original
construction of the cab.  But
yes, it does take a good investigation to be assured that you are removing all
rusted sections.
More important than the cab is what you might find in the frame.  Additional
fabrication, i.e.
boxing the C-sections is a good idea, as are beefier cross-member supports in
certain areas.  The
original design was not intended for 300+ horsepower engines, doing full-bore
burnouts   :-)

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project (looking forward to the burnouts...must still be a kid)