[oletrucks] Kids

To: "'Billy Gibson'" <bgibson@internetwork.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Kids
From: Al Dionne <ajd@customcars.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:10:44 -0400
If you have children you willprobably
relate to this father. The names have been changed
to protect the dignity of the father.
 As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection.
 A thick slab of ham, a fresh bun, crisp lettuce and
plenty of expensive,light brown, gourmet mustard.
  The corners of my jaw aching in
 anticipation, I carried it to the picnic table in
our backyard, picked it up
 with both hands but was stopped by my wife suddenly
at my side.
 "Hold Johnny (our six-week-oldson) while I
 get my sandwich," she said.  I had him balanced
between my left elbow and
 shoulder and was reaching again for the ham sandwich
when I noticed a streakof mustard on my fingers.
  I love mustard.
         I had no napkin.
         I licked it off.
         It was not mustard.
 No man ever put a baby downfaster. It was
 the first and only time I have sprinted with my
tongue protruding. With a
 washcloth in each hand I did the sort of routine
shoeshine boys do, only I
 did it on my tongue.  Later (after she stopped
crying from laughing so hard)
 my wife said, "Now you know why they call that
mustard 'Poupon.'"
 [When you stop laughing, pass it on!]