[oletrucks] Overheats at idle

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Overheats at idle
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 15:17:05 -0400
My '50 with a '545 235 engine and original fan overheats while sitting
in traffic idling. I've been thinking of hiding an electric fan in front
of the radiator but saw a recent post the recommended against them. Was
also considering a fan shroud and/or modern  flex fan. Someone I met at
a show recently said he had a similar problem and cured it by adding an
overflow tank to keep the coolant level full.
  I would appreciate any recommendations from someone who's been down
this road.

Thanks,
Grant