Re: [oletrucks] Engine Stalling Problem

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine Stalling Problem
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 00:27:54 -0400
If you still have the tank behind the seat, especially with the original
fuel lines chances are ya got kink or the line in semi-clogged.  The pickup
in the tank has a metal filter on the end of the tube and it could be
dirty. I chased my tail on this problem a bit on one of my 56's. Take a
gallon of gas and a length of fuel line and connect it to the fuel pump and
see if the problem still exists, if so its pump/carb problem, if not the
problem is with the line or the pick up in the tank.   wayne

At 10:50 PM 7/6/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Guys I installed a Chevy 305 in my 56 truck.  I installed a rebuilt
>carbuerator.   I only have about 10 miles on the rebuilt engine/truck.
>Initially it ran fine but now it runs for about 3-5 minutes sputters then
>dies.  It cranks fine but won't start.  Seems to be getting spark but no
>fuel.  Installed a brand new fuel filter with the engine rebuild.  After
>sitting for 15-20 minutes it will start again but will die again in 3-5
>minutes.
>
>The engine is turned.  Full tank of fresh gasoline.
>
>I'm stumped and really frustrated.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Mike

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup