Re: [oletrucks] DMV Story

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] DMV Story
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:57:01 -0600

"A.B." wrote:

> How do you get the historical tags in NM?
> I could have a museum in my back yard!
> -alfie

Fill out a horseless carriages application form, pay the fees and they mail you
your
tag. You cannot drive it on any roads except for parades, shows, club meets or
to a
repair shop. Otherwise, its like driving with no tag at all!  In Mosouri, you
must
keep a log book to show big brother if he wants to take a gander at it. I think
the
mileage restriction is either 1.5k miles or 2.5k miles. I would go to Moriarty,
those
2 gals will do whatever it takes, even calling Sant Fe to speed up a
transaction. They
did that for me for my handicap parking placard renewal. Seems, the numbers
faded away
and the Tijeras office said I had to see another doctorto get the forms signed
and
drive all the way to the other side of Albuquerque. I went to the Moriarty
office and
the gal called Sante Fe and had them look it up. They couldnt find it so the
supervisor siaid to go ahead and issue another.  Pretty good office, I'd say.
BTW its
a 2 window office.

new mexico jim
50 half ton