[oletrucks] Initial Engine Start

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Initial Engine Start
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 00:32:24 -0400
Hi All,

Well I am finally getting the exhaust system installed on my truck and then
I will be about ready to start it up for the first time since the engine
was rebuilt.  I have a couple of questions regarding initial startup.

1.  What is the minimum wiring that I need to start and run the engine.  I
will only be running it for a short time to check things out.

2.  I used assembly lube when it was reassembled.  Is there anything I
should do before starting the engine besides spinning the oil pump through
the distributor hole.  I was planning on doing this with an electric drill
or is hand spinning with a screwdriver sufficient.

I will be adding a few new pictures of my progress to my website early next
week.  In the meantime I did update the site with a few pictures of my 32
Chevy Roadster, progress pictures of my 64 Corvair Spyder Convertible, and
a new page showing all of the license plates for my vehicles.
Website is:  http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles

Later,
Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Automatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles