Re: [oletrucks] T-Shirts

To: markself@discover.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] T-Shirts
From: Rroslowski@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:55:54 EDT
Mark,

Back in May I went to the ATHS show in Valley Forge PA.  Inside the
convention center were toy and literature vendors (mostly), and I bought from
one a '54 Chevy 1-ton panel truck done up in UPS guise.  The company that
made it is called Hermann Marketing, so it's no 1st Gear or ERTL model.  But
I am truly amazed by the detail -- excellent for not being a 1st Gear or ERTL
model!  The box it came in is marked on the top "United Parcel Service --
1954 Chevrolet Panel Van, 1/28 scale, Item #UP1622 (maybe this was a
promotion for UPS employees?), and by the little piece of paper attached on
the inside it was apparently produced back in 1996.  Also, there is another
toy company (Road Champs I'm guessing) that makes 1/43 scale die-cast '54
1/2-ton panels.  I've seen these at Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and especially
Target for like around $5.  Quality is so-so, but it is plainly a '54 Chevy
front end.  Other than these two trucks, I really don't think there's any
others out there (and I prefer GMC anyway, and there are no '54 GMC toys out
there!).  Take care!!!

Roger Roslowski
Lawrenceville, NJ
BansheeTA@aol.com