[oletrucks] Gas Tank Coating

To: ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Tank Coating
From: Mikerross@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:13:01 EDT
Guys I am in the process of coating the inside of my trucks gas tank.  I was
amazed at all the rust and junk that came out of the tank.  Has anyone used a
gas tank coating?  I ordered mine from Chevy Duty.  Any "lessons learned"?

It seems like I need to loosen the remaining rust and stuff in the tank
before coating.  I though about dropping a few handfuls of clean pebbles into
the tank and gently roll them back and forth hopefully loosening up the rust
and stuff.

Any experiences you've had would be much appreciated.

Thx.

Mike
'56 Chevy Truck