Re: [oletrucks] Nomad with 'Vette front end

To: "Ben Bennett" <greyhawk2@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Nomad with 'Vette front end
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:25:20 -0400
Ben, the "Nomad with 'Vette front end" you're referring to is most likely
the original concept car for the Nomad.  It was built by Harley Earl (head
of Chevy design in the '50s) in 1954 for the New York "Motorama".  It was a
prototype for the Nomads to follow.  It was never produced, and remains a
legend in concept car history  The car was kept around until the '60s when
it was destoryed by GM.  This information comes from the book, "Chevy
Classics, 1955-57".  There's a great b&w pic of the car in this book.
Perhaps you can find a picture on Chevy's website.  If not, I'd suggest
looking through some auto books in a large bookstore (Barnes & Noble, etc.).
I've seen several pics of it over the years.
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC