[oletrucks] Re: Was I out of line?

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Was I out of line?
From: "Kevin" <kevin@tbaytel.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:39:25 -0700
>Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:56:28 -0700
>From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Was I out of line?

>I agree with Mike.  I consider every Show and Shine a "volunteer" event.
>The saying "you get what you pay for" - for which you paid nothing - comes
>to mind.  I just drove 150 miles to a Show and Shine over the weekend and
>paid $15 to get in, and got a $3 dash plaque (weehoo).  My pay offs are the
>smiles that people get seeing the old iron still on the road.

Alan there is a slight difference.
I have also driven a long way for a car show and just received a $3 dash
plaque (weehoo) and it seemed justified.
The smiles and the thumbs-up are all the thanks I need ,because I do this
for myself and if some one else likes my work COOL!
However if a business organizes a show and shine for the sole purpose of
selling more burgers and they use the talents of car and truck enthusiasts
like ourselves and are too cheap to even pass out a few free Cokes or
burgers or something, then those people are just exploiting us, and I for
one don't like the taste it leaves in my mouth.

Kevin Stieh
50 Chev Panel
53 Chev 1/2 Ton
Thunder Bay