[oletrucks] Mechanics

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Mechanics
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:27:44 EDT
Dear Ole Truckers,
    I would like to pose an off topic question to my fellow old truck
mechanics.  I have a prob with another vehicle that thus far our mechnic has
been stumped by.

    Water on the passenger floor.  I first thought heater core.  Green liquid
coming from under the dash/console on a '94 Intrepid.  Didn't smell, feel or
taste like anti-freeze.  Could it be airconditioning condensation?  If so,
what could we do to fix it? There doesn't appear to be any obstructions in
the drain. The liquid only seems to appear when the fan is directed to blow
out the floor vents.  The water doesn't come out of a vent though, just under
the plastic shroud above the hump and then trickles down on the passenger
side.
    A pressure check was done overnight and doesn't seem to be a heater core
leak.  It's really got us stumped.  Any ideas besides trading it in on a
chevy.

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, Illinois