[oletrucks] front disk brake recommendations

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] front disk brake recommendations
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:41:12 -0700
Hi Rob, I used an Engineered Components Inc (ECI) kit on my 39 Chevy car
years ago...fit and worked pretty well, they sell just the brackets and
bearing adapter so you can purchase the rotors/calipers yourself.  They
use roller bearings, not ball bearings.

If you go to a swinging pedal, you can use a pedal assembly from a car,
I used the pedal/bracket/booster from a 78-87 type midsize GM car in the
39.  I had to brace the firewall, I used 1/2" square tubing tack welded
to the inside of the firewall, vertically, for this.

I don't recommend trying to put anti-lock brakes on an ole truck...the
system is a bit too complex (including software) to make the swap work
properly.

Jim F
59s in AZ