[oletrucks] 1954 GMC VIN Number

To: "oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net" <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1954 GMC VIN Number
From: Julie or Colin <juliecolin@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:40:35 -0700
Can any of you guys or gals help me decode a GMC vin number?  I've tried
a couple of online sites but they don't do GMC.  Also called GMC
customer service to see if I could get a restoration package, but they
told me they only had them for Chevrolet.  My truck is a 1954 GMC 1/2
ton, 100-22 model.  The vin number is:
        101 24 C Z3627
    I am still trying to find a parts manual specifically for this
year/model.  I've tried the usual sources, Walter Miller, etc, but still
can't find anything.  Been watching e-bay, but no luck.  Does anyone
have any more ideas?  I'm looking for any type of literature to help
restore it.  Any input appreciated.
Colin Campbell