Re: [oletrucks] Manifold bolt

To: "Michael Keele" <mkeele@uswest.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Manifold bolt
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:00:41 -0400
Michael,

    You should be able to pick up a correct bolt at any hardware store, but
I prefer to use a stud and and reduced-hex nut for more room in those tight
spaces between the manifold runners. As for the clamp, they are commonly
referred to as "bow-ties" and you could probably pick up a handful for a
couple of bucks at most junkyards. Most inline motors use these type of
clamps in various sizes. Those from the Mopar /Six and Chev 230/250 are
smaller but will still work well. Or you could improvise with washers of
various sizes. Just don't overtighten - 20 lb/ft is usually enough.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL