Re: [oletrucks] gas tank

To: Rlcokc@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gas tank
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:01:27 -0400
    I had my tank done by Moyers. I'm satisfied with how clean my gas is now
but I had my problems with Moyers. Initially he said he wouldn't have to coat
the outside. The behind the tank seat was perfect on the outside and I didn't
like the black coating. Once he got it he changed his mind. I received my tank
and installed it only to notice what looked like a  major leak. Huge voids
where the filler was re-attached. He first told
me this is impossible, even though he doesn't pressure test it. I pressure
tested it and it did indeed leak. Then he said that if it leaked it must be my
fault. Then said it must been done during shipping. They did fix it but kept me
waiting with bull&*!t  dates and broken promises. Even now I wonder what is
under all that black goop and if the integrity is OK.  I would look for another
Renu dealer.
   Also consider if you need to ship this by UPS they will make you unpack it
so they can smell it. They won't ship it if there are gas fumes.

Grant