[oletrucks] Trouble with Second Gear

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Trouble with Second Gear
From: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:28:05 -0400
List,

I have a 1940 3/4 ton truck with a 3 Speed on the floor. I have taken the
top cover off the transmission trying to figure out why I can't shift in to
second gear. Should the shifter yokes slide easily on the shifter shafts ?
The First and Reverse yoke slides if I also push in the clutch and rotate,
what the shop manual calls, the Second and Third Speed Clutch. This is
attached to the main shaft so it maybe more rotating the main shaft. I can't
move the Second and Third Speed yoke to save my life. The only gear I have
trouble with is second. Any help or suggestions welcome.

Bill Schickling