[oletrucks] Bed Wood!

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bed Wood!
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 23:39:18 -0500
I was working on my truck tonight, rewireing the whole thing wire by wire,
and looked at the sad state of my bed wood.  It's oak, but in need of
sanding and refinishing.  What is the best thing to use on the bed wood of
a truck that is going to be an everyday driver?  I've seen some great jobs
at car shows, beds so shinny that you could comb your hair in, but that is
far to fancy for my needs.  An old timmer once told me to mix waste oil and
terpentine together and spread that on the wood.  Seems the terp penetrates
the wood to condition it and the oil keeps the water from penetrating.
Does this work?  If so I may have found a way to get rid of my next oil
change waste oil.  Any thoughts would be of great help.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"