[oletrucks] Rear end

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear end
From: Leah Olsen <javanut@win.bright.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 00:34:50 -0500
Howdy once again!!  Someone mentioned that we could swap the whole rear
end (axles, hubs, and all)  out of a late 80's Chevy S-10 truck. My
husband and I measured the axle width of an S-10, and it is very close
to my '53 3/4 ton's.  I would like to be able to put on new six bolt
chrome rims on my truck for a "cool" look!! :).   Will this work?  And
if it does, will it allow me to go faster without revving the engine so
high?  (It seems as though I've asked this before, I forget.) It seems
we can't go anywhere now without me looking at other vehicles wondering
if "their"  axle would work for me, or if "their" wheel base is 125.5
inches, too.  He he he!   Hmmm.....I wonder...??????:)
Leah Olsen
'53 Chevy 3600
Baldwin, Wi