Re: [oletrucks] New to list with question on 235 engines

To: "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New to list with question on 235 engines
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1904 23:34:53 -0500
Dave,

I don't belive any of the 235s came with hardened seats, it will
probably run $200 to $300 to have a head reworked with hardened seats.
You may be able to find a listmember with a reworked head for sale.

You would be best off with a 235 from 1954 (or 1953 car with a
powerglide) it will bolt in with no changes. A 55-2nd or later will have
to have a special water pump to fit, and then the fan is lower on the
radiator and will give slightly reduced cooling. Reduced cooling may not
matter where you are, but down here on the doorstep to hell every BTU counts.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL