[oletrucks] Interesting truck

To: "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Interesting truck
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:48:33 -0700
Just returned from Tuxies Cruise in Riverside CA.  Saw a truck that I had to
tell you all about.  I know this won't appeal to all but, it was really
neat.  It appeared to be a '54 AD 3600 (3/4 or 1 ton).  It pulled in and the
first thing you notice is the twin 6" chrome stacks, behind the cab.  As I
walked up to get a better look I heard a distinct diesel rattle.  The guy
blipped the throttle and it belched nice black diesel smoke from the stacks.
The guy got out and opened the hood.  I asked him what engine he was
running.  hew told me it was a Detroit 453 diesel..  Man it really filled
the engine compartment.  This truck was really detailed well.  It had glack
fenders and a dark green body/bed.  This was the first time I had forgot to
take the camera along.

Also at this cruise was a rampside Corvair with a rear mounted big block
running through an Elorado trans and differential setup.  The guy still
retained about half the bed.  Oh yeah it was blown and had nitrous.

Good cruise

            Mark Self
         Redlands, CA
   '55 1st 5-window 3100