[oletrucks] '46 Pickup Engine Compartment

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '46 Pickup Engine Compartment
From: "Nick de Lipski" <oneneverknows@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 20:01:36 GMT
        This question is about '41 thru '46 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickups. I once owned
'46, but had to sell it before moving to the Big Island of Hawaii. When I
have a garage, I'll try to buy another one, but in the meantime, I'm content
with building a model. Revell puts out a nicely detailed version of an Art
Deco, but it needs a few things to make it complete. Trouble is, there are
no real-life examples that I know of on the Kona side of the island, so I've
been searching the Web for pictures. All I can find are exteriors, of which
I have plenty. Seems like there should be an on-line source of images for
restorers and Car Show judges that would settle any arguments as to the
correct "bone-stock" routing of cables and such in the engine compartment.
For example, I remember a 4-hole grommet in the middle of the firewall, but
don't recall which cable went where. Just read something about GM assembly
manuals. Do they exist for a '46 PU? I already have a Maintenance Manual.