Re: [oletrucks] Brake fluid leak

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake fluid leak
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:18:50 -0700
Smokey, just to follow Alfie's remarks, you have to keep a finger on the
bearings to make sure they don't go flying when you pull the hubs.  I got a
couple of specialized tools from Eastwood (probably also available at the
local parts store) that make it easy to get the brake springs on and off.

As Alfie says, two bolts hold the wc to the back of the backing plate.
Remove the brake line before you pull the bolts.  You can get wc rebuild
kits anywhere, and they are easy to install.  Use brake fluid to lubricate.
You can get a thing called a dingleberry hone if you have light pitting and
use it with an electric drill.  A lot of the time the wc kit does the job.

I'd recommend changing all the springs if it hasn't been done for a while.
They get weakened and sometimes twisted after years of use.

That's about all I can think of.  Hope it helps.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)