RE: [oletrucks] Frozen Tranny

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Frozen Tranny
From: Bill Porter <porboy298@email.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:18:12 -0400 (EDT)
Deve,
You may be able to take the top off the trans and see if
you can unstick it from the top. I had one that was in
two gears and was in a bind. I was able to release the
pressure and I was back in business. The two levers are
probably the pto lever and the other is the hydraulic oil
control for the lift. You pull the oil lever out or back
and put the pto in gear and the lift will raise the truck
bed. Push the pto back in and slowly push the oil lever
back in and let your bed down easy.
I have several truck trans here but they are from a 49
up to a 53 model that I use for parts for the three that
I have running. They will work but some of your year model
truck had a small lever at the top of the shifter that
had to be pulled up to put it in reverse. These do not and
will be a newer style and will also shift better with no
grinding. So yell if you need some of the parts. I am about
75 miles from Liberal.
Have fun,
Bill Porter