[oletrucks] Brakes at last!

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Brakes at last!
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:16:46 EDT
Finally, after much work and money, my '48 has brakes again.  I replaced the
rear last year with an open drive '62 and totally rebuilt the rear brakes at
that time.  I replaced the single circuit master cylinder with P/U Northwest
bracket and an early Nova dual circuit M/C.  New plumbing throughout the
truck and fully rebuilt "Hucks" up front finished the deal.  First road test
proved to be worth the trouble.  The truck stops smooth, straight and fast.
Better than I expected for non-power brakes.  Now I can feel confident on the
highway at 65-70 after a complete suspension, steering and brake rebuild.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX