RE: [oletrucks] Cliffords and Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

To: "Bill Porter" <porboy298@email.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Cliffords and Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:31:00 -0700
I have used the clifferd gasket and didn't like it cause it is so thick. I
also have clifferd split exhaust, and to my amazement they looked like they
had been sufaced by a hand grinder, nowhere near flat. In some places it was
close to 1/8" out. I found this out about a year later when I took
everything apart again trying to find a vacume leak. I then used the three
piece gaskets that are foil faced and half as thick as the clifferds. I also
think that I get better heat transfer  from the head to intake . I also got
rid of that vac leak. I actually liked the thinner gaskets cause the intake
sleeves fit better to the intake. You can get gaskets at any auto store. If
you do get exhaust from clifferd, take a good look at them before you
install em. I was in too much of a rush.

Eric Johnson
Vista,Ca (San Diego)
48'Carryall w/56'GMC 270
49'Carryall w/Rust