[oletrucks] Glueing on cab corners

Subject: [oletrucks] Glueing on cab corners
From: WILHELM GORDON <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:17:40 -0600
I recently overheard a couple of old hot rodders talk about using some
type of glue to fasten new sheet metal in order to replace rusted out
cab corners on the 50's chevy/gmc trucks.  The alleged advantages
included not having to deal with the distortion that creeps in when you
weld and also the joint is less prone to rusting.  I'm not sure if they
were pulling my leg or not so I thought I would put it up on the list
for discussion.  Seems to me that for this type of non-structural repair
that this is not too far-fetched an idea??

Has anybody heard of this?  What is the procedure and what type of glue
is used?

Thanks,

Gordon

'51 GMC 5 window 1/2 ton - 261 cu - 4 speed