RE: [oletrucks] my suburban

To: <MLayton324@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] my suburban
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:16:26 -0500
>From American Classic vin decoder:
21hp-15979
VIN 21HP-15979
Model Year 1950
Series 3100
Assembly Plant Janesville, WI
Sequential Number 15979

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of MLayton324@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2000 6:04 PM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] my suburban

well i worked on my suburban some today   had a lot of fun   it had some wax
buildup in the cracks that i removed ,scraped some decals off windows and
did
some scrubbing on the inside   i also did spent some time doing some
evaluating and have a few questions that i hope someone can answer

1)    have not gotten the title yet    was told it was a 50    it does have
the cowl on the drivers side but it also has vent windows   my guess is
someone replaced the doors    the vin reads     21hp-15979    can anyone
decode?

2)  if just my lower bar on the chrome grille is bent can i replace just the
bar from another one?

3)   hopefully i won't need to know this  but anyway   i have 6 volt still
i was told once that you could jump it off with a 12v along as it was pretty
quick   is this accurate   also  anybody still sell the 8v batteries to give
them a little more cranking juice?

4)   where is the proper place that oil line hooks up on the 216 engine?

5)   do they sell 160 degree thermostats for 216's?

6)    finally, my control cables on the dash work but both have "c"   got
the
"t" from chevy duty but not sure how they come off and on

thanks a million and hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!

Mike Layton
Sumter SC

37 1ton
50 2 ton