[oletrucks] 216 Help Needed

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 216 Help Needed
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:45:37 -0500
I am about to start putting my fresh 216 back together and have run into
something I am not sure about...

There is an oil tube running thru the engine block from one side to the
other. Its broke and I have to replace it. I understand its just a
straight-thru tube that runs thru the engines water jacket (silly design in
my opinion) and goes up to the heads oil tube.

The question is, where does it go on the other end, and how does one go
about properly sealing the tube to the engine block so there isnt any water
leaks? Also.. its a rather small tube and I was wondering what the
ramifications are of using a larger diameter tubing? Better oil flow maybe?

Also, anyone having a really good manual on the 216 engine, I will be most
happy to pay you whatever it costs to dupicate and send me a copy (or tell
me where I can get one). I already have the Shop and Factory Assembly
Manuals for the truck.

Thanks again!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas