Re: [oletrucks] Vacation plans?

To: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vacation plans?
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:18:40 -0500
Boy Ed are you in Luck!  My family is from Door County and I spent every
summer up there as a kid.  Even worked a few up there when I was in High
School.  So here is my opinion on what to see and where to go.  If your
looking for arts and crafts shops, typical tourist thing to do, take a
drive from Ephriam along hwy 42 to Sister Bay.  There are shops all along
the road and they have some great gifts and beautiful artwork there.  Fun
things to do?  Well Thumb Fun was torn down last Fall to make room for
Condos, but there are a few Mini Golf coarses still up near Sister Bay.
And some great Golf courses like Maxwellton Brase and Peninsula State Park
course.  Stop into Peletiers Reastaurant in Fish Creek, pronounced Fish
Crick by the locals, and have a some Door County Fish Boil.  If camping is
up your alley stop off at Penynsila State Park and while your there make
sure to take a climb up the 75foot look out tower.  Are you going in the
Fall?  Beautiful colors are everywhere and the Cherry Picking is just great
fun.  Take a drive up hwy 57 from Sister Bay to Giles Rock and take the
ferry to Washington Island.  If you go up the second week of October there
is a great Festival in Sister Bay called Fall Festival.  Lots of arts and
crafts and some more good food at Johnsons on Main Strret.  Just look for
the place with the live Goats on the roof.  Now it's been a few years since
I've been back up there, but you can always find things to do up there.  As
for me the best thing to do while your in Door County is to make a stop at
the big junk yard in Sturgeon Bay.  I don't know what the name of it is,
but I do know that you can see it from the intersection of hwy 42 and 57 as
your heading North.  My last suggestion is to drive your ole truck to the
Sky Line Drive in on hwy 42 between Fish Creek and Ephrium and watch the
latest movie.  It doesn't matter what the movie is because watching the
movie was never the reason for going to a drive in.  If you have any more
questions just give me a shout and I'll try to answer you.  My cousin, who
lives here in Waupun with me, gets up there to see her mom a lot more than
I do and grew up there.  I'll ask her for more details.

If you drive by Waupun on hwy 151 let me know and I'll make sure to park
Eeyore out in front of the shop and we can take the wives out for dinner or
lunch and talk trucks.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"