[oletrucks] RE:Any Suggestions for Cleaning Brakes?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE:Any Suggestions for Cleaning Brakes?
From: "Radicic, Gary" <RadicicG@osc.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:28:37 -0500
I've just began working the brakes on my 50 3/4 ton.  Upon removing the drums
and found brake assemblies and wheel cylinders, I found everything rusted and
caked with 25 years of mud, dust, cob webs and various unknown things.... I know
that you have all done this so.. Any suggestions on proven "best" ways of
cleaning?
The drums seem to be in pretty good shape.  I'm going to blast them this PM, but
may not turn them as there was not a wear lip nor any groving.
Thanks,
Gary

Gary Radicic
1950 Chev 3604