Re: [oletrucks] 848 ? head

To: "Gordon Groves" <ggroves100@earthlink.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 848 ? head
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:28:30 -0400
"848" refers to the last 3 digits of the casting number. It should be on the
drivers side of the head. It's not really a "high performance" head but had
slightly less chamber volume, giving about 1/2 a point higher compression
ratio. No doubt this was a minor design update reflecting the higher octane
fuels available in the late '50s.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL