Re: [oletrucks] changing engines and transmissions

To: D56foster@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] changing engines and transmissions
From: Mikerross@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:28:36 EDT
Dennis I went through the same process when I installed a 305 engine and
turbo 350 tranny in my 56 truck.  In a nutshell I dis-assembled the front of
the truck, removed the original engine and tranny.  I slid in the new engine
and tranny, installed the new (larger) radiator moved the engine reasonable
close to the radiator then determined where the side-engine mounts needed to
be mounted as well as the tranny mounts.

I then simply marked, drilled and bolted-in the engine and tranny mounts.
Works like a champ.

I should mention that I needed "block hugger" manifolds to avoid hitting the
steering knuckle.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Mike