Re: [oletrucks] Another request for interior photos

To: "tim" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Another request for interior photos
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:07:12 -0400
I tried those Custom Autosound speakers. They don't sound very good. They
are too small for decent fidelity. In the original location, they are too
close together for any kind of stereo separation, so a single mono speaker
actually sounds better.

If you have a bench seat and a cab mounted gas tank, there is precious
little room for speakers in the AD cab. Without cutting sheet metal, about
all you can do is put surface mount speakers under the dash or on the kick
panels.

I have given speaker location a lot of thought. I am considering using the
headliner area, at least for tweeters. One other idea is headrest speakers
like in the Pontiac Fiero - these actually sounded pretty good. And they
would help overcome the high noise level in the cab too.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL