[oletrucks] Battery problems

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Battery problems
From: Scott Rice - ATCX <srice@mail.maricopa.gov>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:08:38 -0700
I am new to this list and very new at owning an ole Chevy truck. I recently
inherited a 1954 3600. I know very little about the truck other than it was
parked about 9 years ago. Well I cleaned all fuel lines and the tank and
purchased a new 6 volt battery. When I attempted to start the truck, I
seemed as if the battery was dead, it would barely turn over. I decided to
jump start the truck (directly to the starter) and much to my surprise it
started almost immediately and purred like a kitten.
My problem now is that even with a fully charged  6 volt battery the truck
will not crank fast enough to start. Also if I leave the battery connected
it goes completely dead after a few hours. I would appreciate any and all
suggestions and/or opinions regarding this.

Scott Rice
Phx AZ