Re: [oletrucks] Bad luck summer

To: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bad luck summer
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 21:36:54 -0600
Allen

Thanks for the advice. I have finally disassembled the problem areas of my
rearend, and yes you are very right, the rivets holding the backing plate on
are tough to get out. I had to grind the heads, then still had to drill them
out. Any ways its off and the search for another backing plate has started.
I was quite lucky inside the diff and all I found was a complete C clip in
the bottom of the diff. Somehow it managed to not go through any gears.

My question for you is, did you replace the center block in between the
axles? If so are they still available? I have been told that this block
starts to wear and that can be one reason why the C clip may have come out.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/blaine59.jpg