[oletrucks] Engine placement

To: "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine placement
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 03:47:44 -0700
I started to install my Olds 4-3/TH-350 in my '55 1st. Chevy 3100.  As i was
positioning the combo in the frame.  I was raising the tailshaft to get the
TH-350's pan surface paralell to the ground.  When I thought it looked about
right, I climbed out to check the carb throat to see if it was horizontal.
It wasn't.

Question:
How are you supposaed to position the engine to get the carb setting the way
it should?  I always thought you wanted the carb throat surface to be
horizontal.  But, if the TH-30's pan surface isn't paralell to the ground,
won't this cause problems?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

            Mark Self
         Redlands, CA