Re: [oletrucks] 216 question

To: MLayton324@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 question
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:00:02 -0500
Mike
While I can't help with the AC issue, I am running a stock 216 with
Patricks 3:55 gear set in the rear.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I live just outside of Dallas (where
we almost got below 100 degrees yesterday); the terrain is pretty flat
around here (no hills to climb), so I can scoot around town, in traffic,
with little or no problem. I guess if there is a downside with this
combination its that when on the highway I can still only cruise at
about 60 mph and be comfortable (anything faster and the engine is
winding too hard).
With that said, I have a buddy that is also running the 3:55 rear, but
he has a hopped up (fenton headers, offy dual carb intake, beefier cam,
etc) 235 in his, and he's running AC. He can cruise anywhere he wants at
70+ all day long and that old 235 will hardly break a sweat.
I'm starting to wish that I'd gone the same route
Good luck
Brad Newman
49 3100 Deluxe
24 1 ton (for now)