[oletrucks] Review of "Zigg's Street Rods"

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Review of "Zigg's Street Rods"
From: "Jake Heaton" <jacobh@ida.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:34:02 -0600
Hi all.  I recall a little while ago we had a discussion about one of the
distributers that everyone seems to use.  In that discussion we covered an
order someone had placed that had gotten screwed up really bad.  Well, here
is anothe letter along those lines.  I called up Zigg's one day and ordered
a bunch of stuff.  Two items in that list of things was a Borgesen universal
joint, 3/4 inch 36 splined to 3/4 inch Double "D", and a power rack and
pinion.  Everything else showed up without a problem but the rack ended up
having the mounting bolt to far apart.  I called them back to ask about it
and the guy got mad a me.  He said that I should have known that there were
different widths of mounting bolts.  How the hell was I supose to know.
This is my first frame up and the sales person never asked me anything about
the width.  I asked for a power rack and he/she added it to the list.  So I
sent the rack back.  Next the universal joint.  The joint was back ordered
and so it showed up later. When I got it I open the box and guess what I
find.  I find a joint that is 1 inch double "d" to 3/4 inch double "d".  I
look at the bill, and it said that they had billed me for the right joint
but had sent the wrong one.  I called them back right away and the lady  was
really nice and she had UPS come and pick that one up.  Well, all this
happened about a week and a half ago.  I was told that the new rack would be
sent out right after they got my old one, and the same for the joint.  UPS
groud shipping is 4 to 6 days and its been over a week.  I call them back
today they say, "Oh, well they will be sent out today."  They hadn't  even
been sent out yet!!!!  What is this, the market of classic truck parts may
be growing but they shouldn't blow people off like that.  I'm not going to
order anything from them and I'm going to take the link to their site off of
mine and post a nasty note about them.  Let me know what you think.
Later
Jake Heaton
Preston, Idaho
1953 GMC Panel Truck