Re: [oletrucks] special production options

To: intubated@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] special production options
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:33:27 -0500
Hi Brian,

The ones on my '51 were factory, and most of the ones I've seen in the
junkyards around here were factory, so I would be surprised if yours
wasn't too.  These old trucks were designed for hauling about anything
that you could fit in or on the bed, and were geared to do the same.
I've hauled over 1,500 pounds of fence panels on mine that went clear
above the cab, and was loaded on with a fork lift.   All with the
original 216 cu in engine, as well.   What was a standard rear suspension
back then is special order on half tons today.   What we have is the real
deal, my friend.  Load it up, move it out.

Larry
1951 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
OKC, OK

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.