RE: [oletrucks] Putting Ci finally...

To: "'Old GMC Pickup'" <truxrme@hotmail.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Putting Ci finally...
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:44:41 -0500
Shawn,

My wife has helped me take engines in and out several times (she is not a
large person) and I have found that I usually don't need a lot of assistance
but I do need a second pair of hands sometimes.  First and foremost, the
very first thing I do is to instruct her how to position herself so as not
to be underneath anything anywhere.  Second, I remind her that if ANYTHING
happens that she immediately get out of the way and let it happen.  The
natural instinct is to try and stop something from happening and to try and
protect the truck.  I always stress the safety issue first and then we
proceed to put the engine in or out with a few four letter words thrown in
along the way.  I have found her to be the most help in pushing the truck
into position, keeping the engine from twisting around while I'm raising it
up or down, and generally doing the things I would do if I had four hands.
Just go slow and carefully and everything will work out fine.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas