[oletrucks] Condensor & points Question

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Condensor & points Question
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:26:32 EDT
Please tell me if I'm wrong - I always thought that the condenser prevented
sparking (arcing) across the points, it even says that in the AD shop manual.
 My FLAPS guy says, no.  The points are supposed to spark, that's the way
they work.
Who's right here?
I put new points and condenser in my '48 and within a few minutes of run
time, they had evidence of arcing.  I spun the engine with the cap off and
the spark at the points looked like the spark the plugs should have. (I'm
still chasing the poor running condition.)  Thanks as always.
Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX