Re: [oletrucks] straight axle

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] straight axle
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:47:51 -0700
Im also leaving the straight axle in my truck but would like to up grade
to 11" disc's in front but Im holding out for six lug rotors so I don't
need to change the rear end as well (Althoe I just read about the
"Currie" 9 plus rear , very macho !)  I like to use my truck as a truck
and Im not interested in making it more car like , in fact I would like
to build a little tougher than it was stock  Im having a stock set of
springs re arched ( 1" over stock) and a new top leaf added to keep it
arched. plus all new bushings and shocks and shackles should make it
ride fine, like a new TRUCK !

Now where do I get 11" six lug rotors and an adapter kit ?

Gordon Groves
'51 1/2 ton Chevy
'53 1/2 ton Chevy (just got it ! all original rust and dent free!)
'54 IHC Travelall