Re: [oletrucks] Non Power Front Discs...and GRILLES!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Non Power Front Discs...and GRILLES!
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:17:19 GMT
Manny,

I found that out too the hard way.  I chased a junkman down 30 miles of
interstate 76 to the recycling yard to salvage a chrome grill that had 3
'perfect' bars.  I got it for $30.  I found out about AD grills when I tried
to make one good out of two bad.  For some reason the #3 bar is always
really dinged up.  Anybody got a #3 old chrome AD bar that they ain't usin'?
  I'll give it a home! :P
>>PS, from my "duh" files.  47-54 truck grilles have 5 bars.  The top is the
>shortest, the bottom is the longest.  Hence, the second bar from the top
>does NOT fit in the third bar spot.  The top bar has bolt holes, and so
>does
>the bottom.  The in between do not interchange.  (write that 100 times on
>the chalkboard).  Therefore, two bad grilles do not necessarily make one
>good grille!  So, now I have half a decent grille, (minus the two bottom
>bars).

Durwood
51 1/2 ton 5 window